Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Year in Review!

So, it has been over a year since I have posted anything on this blog and let me tell you...there has not been a day where I haven't thought, "I gotta post something on that stinkin' blog!" But as life goes, a lot of things get done instead of the blog...laundry, cleaning, books read, trips to soccer games, tennis lessons, violin lessons, piano lessons, the pool, the library, the beach (basically anything to keep these guys busy). But, enough is enough! So I decided to do "a year in review". This has been the busiest year for our family. We started a new physical therapy practice and we had another wonderful baby boy! Enjoy the pictures...this may be it until next summer.....


One year ago...I was about three months pregnant (due in Jan. 19) and Kathryn was six months.


Halloween...


Here we were at Christmas with about a month to go...

Ezra on Christmas Day playing with his brand-new wheel-barrow and lawn mower...and he is wearing his signature boots!
Elijah learned to play the violin this year, he played in his first recital and was the youngest performer there...
D-Day! I have really long labors...my shortest was 20 hours...anyways, I was induced on a Sunday night, labored all night and didn't progress. They sent me home. A week later they induced me again and finally at about 10 in the morning January 30, 2010 Levi Beifuss Swolgaard was born at Cottage in Santa Barbara! His older brothers were so excited to add another brother to the team!






Proud grandma with number 19 and 20th grandchild!

Levi has been such a blessing in our lives. He is so sweet!

Ezra loves being a big brother!

Levi's first bath...

Isaac always wants to hold him and smile at him...

Daddy reading books to three of his four sons...

Look at Ezra's face...he's still getting used to being a "big brother"!

Levi at about six weeks...

Everyone who attended Levi's blessing...he cried through the whole thing!

Uncles Travis and John and Grandpa

Ezra turned 3!!! We love him so much! He is by far our spunkiest boy! He cracks us up daily!

More pictures of precious Levi...he is so calm and easy going.

Elijah turned 9! I can't believe my first baby is so old. He is a great blessing in our life and such a helper!

Ezra reading a book to Levi, Levi seems to be a little bored...

Isaac and Ezra hunting for Easter eggs in Grandma Beifuss' back yard in Solvang.
Scott and Elijah made this cat scratcher...
A couple weeks ago we went on a boat trip to see the natural oil seeps off the coast of Santa Barbara and the oil rigs...it was so cool to the the natural gas naturally bubbling up from the ocean floor!

Scott with is sons!



Mommy and sweet Levi on the boat! Everyone had so much fun!

I took the boys to the train museum and they rode the little train...

What sweetness!
We brought out the slip and slide the other day, I love summer!



Brother love!
I snapped these right before church, Ezra was being so giggley!



The Spring Sing!
Elijah was Oliver Twist in this year's sing. Here he is with his best friend Jordan (obviously a baker) Elijah really does look like an Oliver Twist! Isaac sang the "Lollipop Song" with his kindergarten class...
All four of them after the performance...
The two great actors!

Isaac was so excited to wear a yellow shirt (yellow is his favorite color!)
Levi has really gotten used to being in the jogger...mommy has to lose that baby fat!
It is also a good time for Ezra to catch a nap!
We went to the chalk painting at the Mission in Santa Barbara...here is my little angel Ezra!
Elijah and Ezra are my two boys that love to dress up in different outfits. Elijah is "Captain Underpants" and Ezra somehow squeezed into the costume he wore when he was nine months old!

Ezra and his cousin Joshua playing their guitars!
Getting so big way too fast!
Ezra and I made a special hat for him!
We went down to Camarillo to my brother John's house. Ezra and his cousin Braddock had the best time riding in Braddock's "truck"!




Isaac graduated from Kindergarten!!! In celebration Mrs. Stover holds a King and Queen Day. Isaac was the King of Playmobile Pirates! I love him so much and I can't believe how quickly he is growing up!




Scott took Elijah and Isaac on the overnight Father/Sons campout with the church. They had a blast!


Thank goodness for little boys!
Every year the boys participate in their school's "Jog-a-thon". Their school is so awesome! It is really small and very special! Elijah working hard....

Go Isaac!


In Feb. when Levi was only a few weeks old, Scott took the boys to the Butterfly reserve in Santa Barbara and left Levi and I to nap at home for the afternoon. Scott snapped these pictures and they are some of my favorite. Look at this beautiful place!


Running in the field and the gorgeous Santa Barbara mountains in the background!





I am so blessed to have these wonderful boys in my life!




I hope that you all enjoyed my "Year in Review"! I will try not to wait as long next time!



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Love all the pictures! You guys had quite the year. I sure wish you were going to be able to come up here in August. We miss you all!

Kate said...

Yay for photos. You and Scott make beautiful sons! Levi is the most adorable baby ever. Wish we could have talked a little longer tonight.
When are you coming up next?
xo

Unknown said...

Funny to see Bill & Alice on the outside looking in, wanting to love up new Levi.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Guestbook