Thursday, June 11, 2009

Half Marathon!

WE DID IT!!!
On May 8 Scott and I decided to celebrate our 10 year anniversary by running a half marathon!We have been running for years (we would even run together when we were dating) and we finally decided to challenge ourselves a little more. It is 13.1 miles and the terrain is mostly uphill. This is before the race...


This is after...


We wanted to run it under 2 hours and we did it in 1 hour 56 minutes. So we averaged about 8 minute and 35 second miles. Scott got 48th place in his age group and I got 29th. There were several thousand people running. It was really fun and we will definately do it again. What is really amazing is that I was 4 weeks pregnant and I didn't even know it!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on two counts! You guys are amazing! I'm so happy we'll have another new cousin in the family.

Corey said...

Nice way to announce the new baby! That's quite a surprise! We can't wait to meet #4!

Marisa said...

Hi Elizabeth,

I found your blog through McKenna Holloway's blog. Do you remember the Becks that lived on Bainbridge? We were there just after you got back from Manila on your mission. My Mom (Marsha Beck) has been trying to finding you because she is speaking at the MTC on Sunday as a member of the Relief Society General Board and she wants to tell a story about you as a missionary in the Philippines. She is wondering if she can get a picture of you as a missionary back then? You can email her at marshagbeck@yahoo.com

Thanks so much,

Marisa Beck Neyenhuis

Marisa said...

My Mom wanted to leave you her phone number too: 801-302-9865. She'd love to hear from you and catch up. :)

Guestbook